Thursday, September 6, 2012

Peter pan wears a pencil skirt

Named after the collar of the costume worn by actress Maude Adams (below) who played Peter Pan in 1905, the Peter Pan collar has since been embraced by women all over. Including me of course. Duh!

Maude Adams
So, when a billowy Peter Pan collared top is worn with a paneled pencil skirt, it looks like....


Skirt,Top & Shoes: Zara,  Belt: Michael Kors, Clutch: Jimmy Choo


I was wearing this outfit to a work dinner so I kept the outfit monochromatic. A slight deviation in color came from my belt which helped create a lady like silhouette and my envelope clutch in a yummy shade of maroon. Basic black pumps, just as basic as my hair and make up completed the look. 

Professional yet 'ready to go out,' in!

P's tip-  Invest in a peter pan collar necklace! So easy to wear it with even a simple tank to 'dress up,' a look.

Whatdja think?

<3 P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This outfit is so classy and suits your beautifully! Well done!!!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention. You hair and makeup here is PERFECT. This one is my favorite. :) :) I have long hair and I am always struggling to make it look presentable. Thanks for the ideas!!

Priyanka Chigurupati said...

Thank you so much!!! :) Glad I could help!! :)