Thursday, October 6, 2011

Slit me!

Like I mentioned earlier, when done tastefully there are very few options that are hotter than slits. Tall or short, the number of silhouettes that can pull off slits only means one thing; slits for everybody!

One of my favorite favorite favorite "slits," from New York fashion week is the gorgeous Yigal Azrouel ensemble. Such a beaut!!! Unfortunately, its not in the market yet so I can't buy it (not that I can afford it either unless I freeze my credit card for..a few months?). So, I simply did what I do best..wear the trend my own way! 

I've always been a huge fan of shorter hem lines so it's pretty obvious why I wore my slit this way.


The high slit on the tight pencil skirt is balanced out by the more demure peter pan collar top. Remember, my cardinal rule? You either work your legs or your decolletage. Never both!

P's tips: Don't let the slit go higher than the mid thigh level. You want sexy, not snanky! ;)

Recreate the look! (Under $50!)
Demure? Work this ABG belted sheath dress from work to dinner!
Daring? Wear this slinky Arden B tube maxi dress to dinner (if you're in NY ;)) or a party (make sure you hit the gym first ;))

Later!!
P


No comments: